textbooks and toddlers

a busy girl studying early childhood education, playing with other people's children, and having fun doing so

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Summer is winding down...

I'm thinking I'll actually get back to blogging now that it's almost time for school to start.
It's been an interesting summer:

~my class went fine (not my fave subject, but I got a good grade and learned some stuff)

~my two newest charges were quite a bit of fun, E-I-E-I-O is now 18 months and his sister Sydalee just turned 3

~it's been fun watching 2 (and sometimes 3) children who are the same age, 15 months-18months over the time I've been with them, grow and develop over a couple months... they're very different- one very verbal and physically capable (E-I-E-I-O), another quieter and serious (but still loving and sweet) (Ree)... the third was a biter, and hair-puller, who wasn't terribly much fun to deal with (OllyOy, who I rarely cared for)

~the older kids I take care of have been great, A was being a bit of a pain early in the summer (something about 4 year-old boys...) but soon went back to his fantastic self! Sydalee is quite a trip. She's always happy to see me, but is such a busybody! That child is very concerned with everyone else's business. It's pretty cute to see her interact his her little bro- she calls him her baby (even though she's only 18 months older than him!)

~My last bunch of kids I saw not as frequently (occasional nights and weekend days)... I often refer to them as the triplets, but they're really 6-year-old (boy-girl) twins and their 5-year-old brother... Since they're only 14 months apart, they play nicely together most of the time. I really enjoyed these kids, even though the boys can be terrors sometimes. They've all learned that whoever talks/yells the loudest gets what s/he wants... which leads to them being VERY LOUD (and making Julia go crazy!)

~It's also been nice spending lots of time with my puppy (who's not really a puppy)... it'll be hard going back to school and leaving her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home